The CryptoBrawl competition is first and foremost an invitation extended to students of various specialties to have scientific fun together and to take a look at the use- fulness of modern data analysis techniques in everyday life. No particular view or a technique is imposed.
After the success that the competition experienced in 2021, receiving interest among students from more than 40 countries, this year we again propose to focus on cryp- tocurrencies. The reason then is at least 3-fold: it is still a hot topic worldwide that attracts a lot of attention amid generations, but due to the high intrinsic volatility, it offers both opportunities for supposed gains and risk of losses. Implicitly it yields the third reason: the need to raise social awareness of inherited risks related to investing in this type of assets.
Any mixed techniques are allowed in the confrontation, since strategies will be as- sessed solely based on the results: the value of the assets portfolio at the end of each round will uniquely determine the ranking position. Therefore, this is not a competi- tion only for prepared traders, financiers, mathematicians, programmers, data ana- lysts, or machine learning experts. Paraphrasing the words of C.P. Snow (and a Polish physicist, Professor Iwo Białynicki-Birula), we would like this to be yet another attempt to bridge the gap between two cultures: exact sciences and humanities.
Whether this comes true, we will find out soon as the registration stage for 3-person teams opens on October, 31. Please do feel invited.
Regulations for the “CryptoBrawl” Hackathon
Section 1. GENERAL
1. These Regulations (hereinafter: “Regulations”) set out the principles and conditions for the event held in the form of
a scientific competition named “CryptoBrawl” (hereinafter: “Hackathon” or “Competition”).
2. The Hackathon is organized by COMMON Polska Asociation based in Bytom at ul. Krzyżowa Góra 10, 41-936 Bytom (hereinafter: “Organizer”).
3. The Hackathon’s scientific partner is the University of Warsaw based in Warsaw at ul. Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa (hereinafter: “Scientific Partner”).
4. Technological partner of the contest is IBM Poland based in Warsaw at: Krakowiaków 32, 02-255 Warszawa, (hereinafter “Technological partner”).
5. The Hackathon shall be held from November 7 to November 18, 2021.
6. The winners will be announced on November 23, 2022.
7. The contests are split in two rounds scheduled as follows:
a. The preliminary round: from 0:00 AM on November 7 to 11:59 PM on November 11, 2022.
b. The final round: from 0:00 AM on November 14 to 11:59 PM on November 18, 2022.
8. The goal for the teams in each round is to manage virtual seed money (specified as a USD amount) by investing in two cryptocurrencies, Bitcoin and Ethereum, using the competition’s transactional system with a view to reach the highest value of their portfolio, expressed in USD, as at the closing of each round of the competition to which they were admitted.
9. A maximum of 20 teams with the highest portfolio value at end of the preliminary round will be qualified to the final round.
10. The purpose of the Hackathon is to raise social awareness of how cryptocurrency exchange rates evolve and how to assess the risk related to investing in them.
11. The purpose of the Hackathon is to select 3 teams whose investment strategy will result in reaching the highest value of asset portfolios.
12. As part of the Competition, the Organizer and the Scientific Partner shall use their best efforts, to the extent defined by themselves, to inspire the participants with information related to the thematic scope of the Competition.
13. Any technologies can be used in the Hackathon.
Section 2. PRINCIPLES AND CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
1. Participation in the Hackathon is voluntary and open to all those interested, subject to the provisions of these Regulations.
2. Participation in the Hackathon is restricted to persons who are 18 or older when entering it, have full capacity under the law, are students at a higher education establishment and are not entering the Competition in relation to their economic activity.
3. Hackathon is a team competition, and each participant can only be member of one team.
4. A team must be composed of 3 persons.
5. A team may participate in the Hackathon provided that:
a. A notification of the team’s participation in the Competition is made by November 6, 2022 by registering the participants and the team at the Competition’s web page. The following data is required for registration: full names and e-mail addresses of the participants, names of higher education establishments they represent, and the team name.
b. By participating in the Competition, the participants accept these Regulations.
c. Each team member agrees that his/her personal data may be processed for Hackathon’s organizational purposes, including the announcement of Competition winners.
6. The Organizer reserves the ability to restrict the number of teams participating in the Competition.
Section 3. COMPETITION COMMISSION AND ORGANIZATIONAL COMMITTEE
1. The course of the Hackathon shall be supervised by a 4-member competition commission appointed by the Organizer (hereinafter: “Commission”).
2. The Commission’s chairperson and members shall be appointed by the Organizer.
3. The composition of the Commission shall be announced by November 6, 2022 at the Hackathon’s main web page www.cryptobrawl.pl and at the #cryptobrawl channel at https://ibm-z-cee.slack.com.
4. Members of the Commission shall not participate in the Hackathon.
5. The tasks of the Commission include:
a. Supervising the proper course of the Competition.
b. Making decisions in matters not regulated hereunder.
6. The proceedings of the Commission are secret. The decisions of the Commission are final and cannot be appealed from.
7. The tasks of the Organizational Committee include providing organizational support for the event.
Section 4. COURSE OF THE HACKATHON
Section 5. SELECTING THE LAUREATES
Section 6. PRIZES
Section 7. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
Section 8. REGISTRATION
Sign up and start trading today
The first competition trading platform for students
Trade at any time
Have questions or need support? Our team is here to help!
Reach out to our experts for a support that ranges from merit questions, sign up process to REST API.